Sunnah : bath on friday.
Fards in Ghusl.
There are three fards in Ghusl.
1) To wash mouth with water as it should reach all the parts internally. From lips to the base of throat. If not fasting gargle. If there is any thing stuck in between teeth such as a piece of meat, paan, beetle nut; it should be removed before Ghusl or the Ghusl will not be completed.
2) To wash inside of nose with water. Water should be pulled hard enough all the way to the soft part of the base of nose. If there is any dry phlegm (hard ratoobat) inside the nose it must be cleaned and if a the nose is pierced water should be forced into the hole or the Ghusl will not be completed.
3) To wash the body once from head till the bottom of feet. The water must pour over body. Every strand (hair) and skin of the body must get wet. Even if a single strand or a small portion of skin is not washed the Ghusl will not be completed.
Sunnats in Ghusl.
1) To perform a ghusl in the sunnat, we must first wash both of our hands and privates parts even if they may be clean, then if there any najasat (impurity) on our body, we must wash it away.
2) We must perform a complete ablution.
3) While washing our face we must intend to perform a ghusl.
4) If water will not accumulate under our feet; we must wash our feet, too.
5) We must pour water on our entire body three times. When you do this, we must pour it on our head three times first, then on our right shoulder three times and then on the left shoulder three times. Each time the part on which we pour water must become completely wet. We must also rub it gently, during the first pouring.
6) In a ghusl, it is permissible to pour the water on the limb so as to make it flow onto another limb, which, in this case, will be cleaned, too. For in a ghusl the whole body is counted as a one limb. If in performing an ablution the water poured on one limb moistens another limb, the second limb will not be considered to have been washed.
7) When a ghusl is completed it is makruh (things which our Prophet did not like) to perform an ablution. But it will become necessary to perform an ablution again if it is broken while making a ghusl.