Manicure Pedicure :)
Assalam O Alikum Wa RahmatuLLAHI Wa Barakatuhu!
ALLAH subhanahu wa ta’ala has sent us in this world, and has bestowed upon us numberless blessings. The point to be noted here is this , that as the life itself is a blessing and a deposit, the things in life are also a deposit, and we will have to answer ALLAH subhanahu wa ta’ala about them that how did we use them.
To take care of these blessing, and not to ruin them is our duty.
If you make a sudden look on yourself , count the number of ALLAH’s blessing on you. Your eyes, eye lids, eye brows, eye lashes, nose, ear, tongue, lips, hands, feet, hair, fingers, nails, teeth, and your whole body in a perfect manner.
ALLAH says in His book:
“We have certainly created man in the best of stature” 95:4
If you do not have any of the body part discussed above, you are not considered a proper and normal man.
When a child is born, how delicate he is ! and then as he runs on the wheel of ages. The delicacy slowly graphs down. It is of course a natural thing. But what do we do?
We extra nature it with our ignore behavior towards our bodily care. We think that taking care of body, keep it clean and keep its beauty, it is all done by mod people. It is enough for us that we take a bath once a week! (sounds funny)
There is a Hadith of Prophet Peace be upon him.
(Cleanliness is half of faith) Sahih Muslim
Scholars say that here cleanliness refers to bodily as well as spiritual cleanliness.
Remember, beauty is given to everybody in different senses , but keeping that beauty is a choice.
Now come to the topic of bodily cleanliness.
Heard about pedicures and manicures ? 🙂
“The words pedicure and manicure are derived from Latin words. Pedicure came from the latin word pedis meaning feet and cura meaning care. Thus pedicure means the care of the feet. Manicure came from the latin word manus meaning hands and, again cura, meaning care. So manicure is the care of the hands”
We are going to take care of our hands and feet in this post. Keeping in view that these are not only blessings but amanah too.
I am not at all going to suggests you to go to the parlors and spends thousands there. A simple mani and pedicure , men and women both can do at home. (I did my father’s pedicure 🙂 )
1. Take a small tub with hot water in it (hot to this much extent that you can bear it)
2. Put some shampoo in it , and insert your feet in for 10-15 minutes.
3. When your feet get soft, take an old tooth brush (not in use), and brush your nails well, so that all the dirt gets off.
4. Massage your feet with some lotion, or use a scrub to massage.
5. Rub your feet’s lower back side with the feet rubbing tool, so that the dead skin gets removed.
6. Cut your nail now. We said will try to gather as many virtues as possible even while caring the body.
So cut nails with Sunnah way. 🙂
7. After cutting your nails rub them with a filer (attached with nail cutter sometime) , so that the sharp edges turn to even.
Simply over with your pedicure, follow the same for manicure.
And after you are over with this, clean your hands , feet and put on some petroleum jelly to keep them soft.
Note: This is just a simple way to keep your hands and feet clean. I did not copy paste that parlor way because it cannot be done at home easily.